- Here’s an encrypted proverb. There are five words in it. What’s the proverb?
Z B S H N M R R O D Z J K N T C D Q. S G Z M V N Q C R
2. This is an encrypted thirteen-word proverb from ancient India. This time, only the consonants have been encoded: the vowels have not and have been left in their original spots in the quotation. What’s the proverb?
1 I 2 E ! 3 A 4 5 I 6 7 E. 8 5 0 3 3 0 9 E 5 I 10 4 U 10 4 U I I 6 1 1 O 12 O U 3 E O 11 I 10.
3. This message veils a fifteen- word quotation from American writer Maya Angelou. Some of the letters have not been encoded. They have been left in their original spots in the quotation.
3 6 7 4 5 8 1 9 2 4 N L 7 4 N 2 S M 3 L 2 3 N 7 4 5, G 3 9 2 3 T T 4
T H 2 P 2 4 P L 2 7 4 5 L 4 9 2.
Do You Know…..?
Some little- known facts:
- A ________’s _______ does not create an echo. No one knows why.
- About _______ babies are born worldwide every minute.
- The youngest winner of an Academy Award was __________. She was 10 years, 148 days when she won the award.
- The first plan flight in 1903 lasted ______ seconds and flew a distance of _____ feet.
- Which melts faster: dirty snow or clean snow?
- What color should you NOT wear when camping because mosquitoes are twice as attracted to this color than any other color?
- In 1974, it became mandatory for National Hockey League goalies to wear a ______
- A human has six muscles in each ear, but a cat has ________ muscles in each ear.
- What’s the one number you cannot make with Roman numerals?
- What are the features that are unique to each person?
- Actions speak louder than words. Secret Code: Each letter in the proverb is replaced by the one that comes right before it in the alphabet.
- Bad art is a great deal worse than no art at all. Secret Code: The Letter A is the first letter of the alphabet, so it is encoded as the number 1 (if A occurs in the quotation) ; the letter B is the second letter, so it is encoded as the second number B (if the letter B occurs in the quotation), and so on. In sum: A = 1, B= 2, C = 3 and so on. Since not all the letters of the alphabet occur in the quotation, some numbers appear to have been skipped, so to speak, in the cryptogram.
- If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love.
Secret Code: The five vowels are replaced by the first five numbers: A = 1, E = 2, I = 3, O = 4, U = 5. As for the consonants, a number, (starting with 6 since the first five numbers have been used for the vowels) is assigned to each consonant as it occurs in the quotation in order. Thus, F is the first consonant to appear and is assigned the number 6, Y is the second consonant to appear and is assigned the number 7 and so on.
Little Known Facts Answers
- Duck’s quack
- Tatum O’Neal
- 12, 120
- In addition to your DNA, fingerprints and the iris in your eye, your tongue pattern is unique too.