A true sentence sleuth can find the one word that is hidden somewhere in a sentence. Can you find the name of an occupation? The correct answer can be spread over 1,2, or several words, and you can ignore all punctuation, capital letters, etc.
- Julie likes banana-berry smoothies, but I favor plum-berry or just pineapple.
- When Thea let the giant Asian carp enter the aquarium, it ate all the goldfish.
- Every time we go to Auntie Petra’s, we have tea, cherry pie, and ice cream.
- Mateo told Joshua that his new girlfriend Flor is the prettiest girl in school.
- The headline said it all: Boxer suffers terrible defeat – torn eyelid, broken nose, and ruptured eardrum.
- Grandma loved strange headgear. I remember her wearing a turban, kerchiefs, tiaras, and even a man’s fez.
- After their honeymoon in Spain, Teri and Joe moved to San Diego.
- The Wall Street Journal is too conservative for Uncle Fred, a liberal from way back.
- As soon as Jennie and Steve got the computer hard drive repaired, the electricity went out.
- Dad brought Mother a pistol for Christmas, but she didn’t want it in the house.
- Sonny Bono was not a very good singer, but Cher was excellent.
- As soon as the Toyota went over that big bump, I realized the muffler had fallen off the car.
Be careful whom you marry, or you might end up with an outlandish name!
- If John Lennon’s second wife married Cher’s first husband, she’d be…
- If the well-endowed country star and singer of 9 to 5 married the Spanish surrealist Painter with the flamboyant mustache she’d be…
- If the sexy blond movie star of the movie 10 married the late Hawaiian traditional and pop singer, she’d be…
- If the female co-star of Grease married the Las Vegas based entertainer and singer of “Danke Scheon,” divorced him, and then married the British singer/songwriter known for his showy eyeglasses, she’d be…
- Plumber (plum-berrry)
- Carpenter (carp enter)
- Teacher (tea,cherry)
- Florist (Flor is the)
- Attorney (defeat- torn eyelid)
- Banker (turban, kerchiefs)
- Painter (Spain, Teri)
- Journalist (Journal is too)
- Driver (drive repaired)
- Therapist (Mother a pistol)
- Butcher (but Cher)
- Umpire (bump, I realized)
- Yoko Ono Bono (Yoko Ono and Sonny Bono)
- Dolly Dali (Dolly Parton and Salvador Dali)
- Bo Ho (Bo Derek and Don Ho)
- Olivia Newton-John Newton John (Olivia Newton- John, Wayne Newton and Elton John)