The Renown of Brown Trivia
- The Ivy League school known as Brown University is located in which state?
- Apple Brown Betty is a dessert comprised of apples and :
- The Supreme Court decision Brown vs. Board of Education overturned what famous ruling?
- On the sitcom I Love Lucy, Lucy’s actions while dining at Hollywood’s Brown Derby caused what actor to be hit in the face with a pie?
- Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown played his entire pro career for which NFL team?
A Swan Dive Trivia
- The Trumpet of the Swan is a children’s book by which author?
- A male swan is called a …..
- The lagoon in what American city’s Public Gardens has offered rides in swan-shaped pedal boats since 1877?
- What Russian composer wrote the ballet Swan Lake?
- What Greek mythological god appeared to Leda in the form of a swam, after which she produced eggs that hatched Castor, Clytemnestra, Polydeuces, and Helen?
The Name Game
This is a two-part game. First answer the clues. Then put the answers in the correct order to reveal the name of a famous person (living or dead, real or fictional). Example question: The sound of a growl + men’s neckwear + the forest. Answer: Grr + tie + woods = Tiger Woods
- Sound a crow makes + out of money + male cat
- To iron fabric + snake sound + brand of jeans since 1889
- Oolong and Pekoe + half a pair of knitted footwear + city-loving rodent
- Sports sphere + snake-like fish + not tight
- The twelfth letter of the alphabet + vehicle that is smaller than a truck and bigger than a car + to signal by quickly opening and closing one’s eye + tear or shred
- To attempt + what a law student has to pass + what dunes are made of + women’s upper undergarments
- Thanksgiving main dish + public transportation vehicle + 2000 pounds
- Bus rider Ms. Parks + candid, forthright + fabric atop a pool table + not dirty
- Head of a college + hirsute + what an owl says + leg joint
The Renown of Brown and A Swan Dive
- 1. Rhode Island
- 2. Brown sugar
- 3. Plessy vs. Ferguson
- 4. William Holden
- 5. Cleveland Browns
- 6. EB White (author of Charlotte’s Web)
- 7. cob
- 8. Boston
- 9. Tchaikovsky
- 10. Zeus
The Name Game
- Caw + broke + tom = Tom Brokaw
- Press + hiss + elf + Lee = Elvis Presley
- Teas + sock + rat = Socrates
- Ball + eel + loose = Lucille Ball
- L + van + wink + rip = Rip Van Winkle
- Try + bar + sand + bras = Barbra Streisand
- Turkey + bus + ton = Buster Keaton
- Rosa + frank + felt + clean = Franklin Roosevelt
- Dean + hairy + who + knee = Harry Houdini