Think About It– Scientists have identified the “oops” center of the human brain. There is a specific region of the brain that reacts when you realize you have made a mistake.
Change just one letter on each word to go from the beginning to the end of the line. Do not change the order of the letters. You must have a common English word at each step.
1. SWEAT _______ _________ _______(see through) _______ STEEP
2. MANOR _________ ___________ _________(someone who likes to keep his wallet tightly shut) __________ WIPER
3. IOTA _________ (roster) _________ _________ (the speed at which something occurs) _________ _______(ashen) _________ BALL
4. MEET _________ _________(be in front of) _________ _________ (it’ll eat almost anything) _________ TOAD
5. PLANT _________ _________(empty) ________ _________ _________(seawater) BRIDE
6. SANDY _________ _________ (kids love it) _________ DADDY
7. RIVET _________ _________(a classic dog’s name) _________ _________(a structure used to support growing plants) _________ TOWEL
8. BADGER _________ _________(Macbeth thought he saw one) _________ _________(where baby Jesus slept) _________ BANNER
Grunela loved granola but hated all the unnatural ingredients and artificial preservatives the big cereal companies put into their commercial granolas, so she decided to buy wholesome all-natural ingredients and make her own. Grunela went to the health food store and saw that oats cost 36 cents per ounce, raisins cost 43 cents per ounce, and almonds cost 45 cents per ounce. She bought enough of each to make a pound (16 ounces) of homemade granola. She noticed when she checked out that the total price of the ingredients meant her homemade granola would cost a reasonable 39 cents an ounce. How many ounces each of oats, raisins, and almonds did Grunela buy?
Sweat, sweet, sheet, sheer, steer, steep
Manor, minor, miner, miser, wiser, wiper
Iota, rota, rote, rate, pate, pale, pall, ball
Meet, meat, beat, boat, goat, goad, toad
Plant, plank, blank, blink, brink, brine, bride
Sandy, dandy, candy, caddy, daddy
Rivet, river, rover, rower, bower, bowed, towel
Badger, bagger, dagger, danger, manger, manner, banner
39 cents per ounce means a pound costs $6.24.
Oats: 10 ounces ($3.60)
Raisins : 3 ounces ($1.29)
Almonds : 3 ounces ($1.35)